Well, it has been one of those days. See, today was supposed to be a chill day, with just a little bit of homework, Daytona and a GS meeting. However, at 9:30am my six year old starts choking in the bathroom. She had been goofing around and swallowed a little Pet Shop accessory. It got stuck in her throat. I'm normally pretty good under pressure but not where my girls are concerned. Ten minutes-2 sheriffs' cars and 8 rescue volunteers later- she stopped gagging and said it was gone. Very Scary
She is now asleep and my heart rate has finally gone back to normal. So time to get busy on homework- YUCK! Then- Surprise, Surprise- I noticed I received a blog award from one of my favorite blogd "Fabulous in First". Then to make things even better I hit 100 followers!! Okay, that's 1 scary things and 3- Fabulous things (Maddie is fine-That is a big one). So here is to a calm Sunday!!!
So back to the Stylish Blog Award
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
7 things about myself:
1. I'm not a stylish person. Truthfully, I only own 6 pairs of shoes- Tennis Shoes, Boots, 2 pairs of Brown Shoes and 2- Black pairs.
2. My favorite restaurants are Hickory Park and Smoky D's BBQ. Yes, you can get good Barbecue in Iowa.
3. My favorite TV shows are Blue Bloods, One Tree Hill, Big Bang Theory and The Middle. My absolute favorite show is GLEE!! Yes, my 12 year old daughter and I are Gleeks.
4. I'm a University of Northern Iowa - UNI Panther!!
5. I love watching college football and NASCAR. Seriously, I belong down South. My dream is to move to South Carolina. I only have one small problem- my husband of 18 years and my daughters 12 and 6. I'm hoping a few more Iowa winters and they'll be ready to pack up too.
6. I love the smell of new crayons. I love opening a brand new box of Crayola crayons. I can't stand broken or dull crayons. My children are the same way. I'll admit here, that I have sneaked new crayons into my daughters' classrooms. Yes- I have a problem.
7. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was 5 years old and Santa brought me a desk for Christmas.
I have selected the following 5 bloggers to receive this award:
Mrs. Willis Kindergarten
First Grade Parade
The Joy of First Grade