Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wow- What a Day

Well, it has been one of those days. See, today was supposed to be a chill day, with just a little bit of homework, Daytona and a GS meeting.    However, at 9:30am my six year old starts choking in the bathroom.  She had been goofing  around and swallowed a little Pet Shop accessory.  It got stuck in her throat.  I'm normally pretty good under pressure but not where my girls are concerned.  Ten minutes-2 sheriffs' cars and 8 rescue volunteers later- she stopped gagging and said it was gone. Very Scary

She is now asleep and my heart rate has finally gone back to normal.  So time to get busy on homework- YUCK!  Then- Surprise, Surprise- I noticed I received a blog award from one of my favorite blogd "Fabulous in First".  Then to make things even better I hit 100 followers!!  Okay, that's 1 scary things and 3- Fabulous things (Maddie is fine-That is a big one).  So here is to a calm Sunday!!! 


So back to the Stylish Blog Award

Here are the rules for receiving this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award


2. Share 7 things about yourself


3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers


4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award


7 things about myself:

1. I'm not a stylish person.  Truthfully, I only own 6 pairs of shoes- Tennis Shoes, Boots, 2 pairs of Brown Shoes and 2- Black pairs.  


2. My favorite restaurants are Hickory Park and Smoky D's BBQ.  Yes, you can get good Barbecue in Iowa.

3. My favorite TV shows are Blue Bloods, One Tree Hill, Big Bang Theory and The Middle.  My absolute favorite show is GLEE!!  Yes, my 12 year old daughter and I are Gleeks.

4. I'm a University of Northern Iowa - UNI Panther!!

5. I love watching college football and NASCAR.  Seriously, I belong down South.  My dream is to move to South Carolina.  I only have one small problem- my husband of 18 years and my daughters 12 and 6.  I'm hoping a few more Iowa winters and they'll be ready to pack up too.

6. I love the smell of new crayons.  I love opening a brand new box of Crayola crayons.  I can't stand broken or dull crayons.  My children are the same way.  I'll admit here, that I have sneaked new crayons into my daughters' classrooms.  Yes- I have a problem.


7. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was 5 years old and Santa brought me a desk for Christmas.




I have selected the following 5 bloggers to receive this award: 


Mrs. Willis Kindergarten

Kindergarten Corral  

First Grade Parade 

Kindergarten Hoppenings

The Joy of First Grade 

 




3 comments:

  1. Oh! My! Gosh! That sounds like a nightmare! I would have totally freaked out!

    Congrats on your 100 mark! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your little girl is ok!

    I, too, love a box of new crayons! Have you read "A Day With No Crayons"? It is one of my fav books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled onto your blog!! I LOVE hickory park!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I also teach in E. Iowa...trying to figure out more-ish where you are located!! LOVE connection with great teachers in Iowa!!

    I am soo glad that your kiddo is OK. how scary!

    Thanks for sharing such great ideas!!
    Sarah Hetrick
    Kindergarten
    www.mrshetrick.com

    ReplyDelete