Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Monday, June 10, 2013
Do you see how sharp those pencils are?
Yep, you guessed it- I got the fantastic opportunity to review the Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener. To say I was a little excited, would be a understatement. I've seen several blog posts about this sharpener but I really didn't believe them. Could this little gem- really be that cool?
The answer is YES!! Here is 6 reason why you have to order one.
1. It's so cute. --- Come on, this is very important.
2. It's super easy to use. -- So easy, it doesn't even come with instructions. They do provide a video on their website, for those visual learners. Yes, I watched the video. You can watch it here.
3. It doesn't take a lot of strength.-- As you may or may not know, my 8 year old, suffers with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. She doesn't have a lot of strength in her hands/wrists. Maddie had no problem sharpening pencils with the Classroom Friendly Sharpener. In fact, she wouldn't stop sharpening them.
4. IT REALLY WORKS-- These pencils come out super sharp. It even sharpened those cheap decorative pencils, that my electric sharpener usually tore up.
5. It's so easy to clean. -- The sharpener has a clear slide out drawer that makes emptying it a breeze.
6. It's affordable and they offer free shipping!
I understand now, why everyone was so smitten by this sharpener. I will definitely be ordering another one for school, because the family as already claimed this one.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Is space an issue? A friend of mine, wanted a writing center, but she couldn't give up any wall space and needed it to be portable. So, I took ideas from several sources and created a mini writing center. I used one of those super cute mini tri-fold boards. It's only 14inches high and 22inches wide. Now she has a cute, portable, and highly useful writing center. Yay!!
Need ideas and resources for creating your own writing center?- Check out A Cupcake for Teacher and Teaching with Love and Laughter .
Sunday, April 7, 2013
My daughter's best friend is a Star Wars freak and I ADORE her. So for her birthday I made a quick star wars inspired multiplication game. Of course, we also got her the Lalaloopsy she wanted (aren't they adorable). That's what I love about my daughter and her friends, they love a little bit of everything. :)
So, if you need a quick simple multiplication game for your math stations. Star Multipliers is just right for you. Students are asked to solve 0-9 multiplication facts. If the student gets the answer correct they keep the card. Incorrect answers are discarded. Special cards allow players- extra turns, lose a turn, lose all your cards and/or take a card from another player. The game ends whenever the GAME OVER card is drawn. The Star Wars type images will inspire all your kiddos to play. Click here to purchase
Saturday, March 9, 2013
Monday, February 18, 2013
Squeaky Clean- Long E game
I found this adorable mini bathtub at Target in the dollar spot. It was even on clearance for $.30! I just had to create a game around it. So, its Squeaky Clean time. As a Reading Resource teacher in a small school -I use a lot of games. Games are a great way to assess student understanding and their ability to apply new skills in action.
My 1st and 2nd grade kiddos are working on long E this week. This game contains word cards for long E vowel patterns- ae, ee, ey and a few e_e. For a closer look at the game just click on the photo above or here. This will take you directly to my TPT store.